October 02, 2019
If you’re curious about what digital credentials are, you’re not alone. Just like any other piece of technology, there’s usually a learning curve before it becomes widely accepted. Here are a few facts to clear up what digital credentials actually are:
1) The skills gap is real. Unemployment is at an all-time low and the need for qualified workers is at an all-time high. That seems like a match made in heaven, right? Not so fast. Finding qualified workers who possess specific verifiable skills is becoming increasingly more difficult for employers. The skills gap may result from a communications gap between job seekers eager to share what they know, and employers that struggle to understand and parse the capabilities of would-be employees.
2) Lifelong learning is widespread and gaining momentum. Learning doesn’t stop when a person graduates from college or a trade school. Critical skills - both technical and emotional - needed for career success are often learned on the job.
3) Digital credentials help combat fraud. Every credential issued on Acreditta´s Acclaim Platform is backed by rich metadata meaning that it can’t be altered or tampered with.
4) Digital badges make people more visible on professional and social media.
5) Non-cognitive skills pair well with digital badges. Emotional skills are just as valid in the workplace as technical skills are and now they’re able to be vetted through digital credentials.
6) Skill recognition at work increases retention rates. When on-the-job training becomes part of an overall benefits package, employees claim to have higher satisfaction rates and become actively engaged with their work and are less likely to leave their current role.
7) Digital badges generate millions of impressions in free marketing. Digital credential earners can then share their credentials across various social media platforms, as well as with their contacts and the greater community, enhancing their profile, and that of the issuing organization. Oracle successfully tapped into the power of digital credentials through social media and your organization can too.
If you’re interested in learning more about how digital credentials work, fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.